50 mile Beginner (20 weeks)-HR based
Lindsay Zemba LeighAll plans by this Coach
The 50 mile Beginner plan is geared towards experienced marathon and 50k runners who are ready to race farther and run their first 50 mile. The plan progresses from an 8 mile stand alone long run to a 24 mile long run, and also includes back to back long runs, speed work, tempo runs, strength training, cross training, yoga and rest days. There is also a field test to set heart rate zones.
This plan is best for those who have been running at least a year and are currently running at least four times per week, a total of at least 30 miles per week, and a long run of at least ten miles.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?