Lindsay Zemba LeighAll plans by this Coach
The 50k Beginner plan is geared towards experienced marathon runners who are ready to race farther and run their first ultramarathon. The plan includes stand alone long runs that build up to 23 miles, back to back long runs, speed work, tempo runs, strength training, cross training, yoga and rest days. It also includes a field test to set heart rate zones.
This plan is best for those who have been running at least a year and are currently running at least four times per week, a total of 20-25 miles per week, and a long run of at least eight miles.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?