85-115 km ultra, trail running (4000-6000 meter elevation)
Tony PerssonAll plans by this Coach
This is the training plan for an Ultra event!
The plan is 12 weeks and requires some pre-trail running experience and pre-running fitness. However, the plan will cater both the slower and the faster runner since it's heart rate and time based. The more advanced, fitter runner will cover more distance at a higher pace during the same time / roughly same heart rate compared to the slower runner.
The plan is designed to prepare you for between 4000 - 6000 meters of elevation over a distance of between 85 - 115 km of trail running (being optimised for 100-110km and 5500 elev).
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|8:55 hrs||5:15 hrs|
Day Off x1
|0:20 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||8:55 hrs||5:15 hrs|
||0:20 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?