USAT Level IIE Coach Heather Casey brings performance and injury prevention training to a new level using 20 creative workouts to keep your core and stabilizer muscles balanced and strong!
Heather's background as a Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist combined with years of teaching yoga, Pilates and TRX to private clients and collegiate level athletes provide you with a diverse training plan to focus on areas many endurance athletes fall short on in their training: Hips, Lower back, Shoulders, Abdominals, Hamstrings and Flexibility.
5 min video of Coach Heather Hagan demonstrating examples of foam rolling. Try foam rolling 20 minutes each night and as a warm to KEY workouts:
Need a stability ball (med size) All exercises are demonstrated in this 2 min video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=colL_Kope7w ___________________________________________ 2 X 12 reps (single leg moves do 12 per leg) __________________________________________ - Stability ball push up > pike > pull in (do each of 3 moves in sequence. 3 moves X 4 = 12) - Single leg lift keeping hips stable (start position on back with feet on ball) - Hands to feet pass with ball - Knee drive to chest from forearms on ball - Straight leg hip lift with heels on ball - Hamstring pull in - Forearm plank spiderman (drive knee to elbow and alternate) * on mat, not ball - Explosive push up - Box Jump (use 12 or 18 inch box. Jump from deep squat/ land cushioned and soft - quiet land) *Can modify and do controlled step ups without jumping for non-impact option.
- 2 x 10 band pull aparts: http://bbcom.me/2yigexW
- 2 x 10 tricep pull aparts: http://bit.ly/2xPI3MJ
- 2 x 10 face pulls: http://bit.ly/1jsgqbv
- 2 x 10 single arm band rows w/ rotational core:
- 2 x 20 total high plank shoulder taps:
- 2 x 20 total high plank knee to elbow
- 2 x 20 total sprinter crunch:
- 2 x 60 sec static bridge:
- 2 x 10 reps each exercise in pilates hip series
- 2 x 20 total alternating bird dogs:
- 2 x 20 total alternating sides dead bug:
- 2 x 15 Cook hip lifts
- 2 x 15 pelvic tilt lifts:
- 2 x 10 super man
- 2 x 10 eccentric calf raises
With Mini Band: - 15 lateral steps each direction (toes pointing forward/ knees tracking over ankles - 15 front kicks - 15 back kicks - 15 cross body kicks - 60 sec forearm plank hold (booty and core TIGHTLY held in and take deep inhales and exhales) - 12 superman lower back lifts - 12 bird dogs each side (opposite arm / leg balance on hands and knees) - 60 sec plank with knee drive to opposite elbow