Raymond BoardmanAll plans by this Coach
“Training for excellence, with excellent training.”
Designed for runners who haven't ran for a while and are wanting to get back their running fitness. Maybe you've taken time out from sport to start a family or focus on career or study, what ever the reason this programme will build your fitness back progressively to build your fitness into a position to commence structured training for another event.
Crafted by myself, Ray Boardman PGDipSportsMed, PGDipRehab, PGCertSc (Exercise Science), BSc (Anatomy), DipSportsStudies this plan encapsulates my passion for the sport, my experience from completing dozens of Half and Full Marathon finishes and my success coaching hundreds of runners and triathletes.
Being 6 weeks in duration (starting anytime), this plan progresses through phases to build your fitness.
Prior to using this plan, Prior to using this plan, you should be confident that you can run for 20 minutes.
Purchase of this plan gives you access to my fortnightly coaching calls where you can ask me any training or racing related questions.
Training for another race distance? I also have training plans for a range of Running Races (from 5k to ultra-marathon), too.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.