Beginner 8k - 8 weeks
Meredith O'BrienAll plans by this Coach
This plan features 3 days of running, three days of cross or strength training and one full day of rest. It is built for those who are looking to finish their first 8k or 5 mile race and have little experience with running.
At least one pair of good running shoes is needed but little other equipment. Body weight strength exercises are perfect for cross/strength training days.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|0:18 hrs||0:25 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||0:18 hrs||0:25 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?