Dana KatzAll plans by this Coach
This training plan is for healthy runners looking to maintain fitness over a 6 week period. Weekly running time is about 6 hours and total workout time is about 8. Workouts are written by time and the first week has a test for aerobic threshold so you can run the plan using the HR that is right for you.
Great for use after an intense training block, around the holidays or if you are feeling burned out on figuring out your own running plan to stay fit to train later. This plan helps you keep up consistency and motivation with a daily workout practice. Runs have a focus on drills and because the intensity is mostly aerobic, the workouts should leave you feeling energized, not depleted. The plan includes some cross training and consistent strength training to build good athletic movements and great habits on the way to starting up a new training block like race prep or hill work. This plan will keep you in the game. Athletes should have a watch with HR and a willingness to commit to training daily.
Start this plan on a Monday for workouts to fall in place correctly.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.