UltraU Return to Running Plan
Dana KatzAll plans by this Coach
This training plan is for uninjured runners who are out of the running habit and want to get back into running safely. This plan helps healthy athletes get back to a daily workout practice. The plan starts with 4 runs per week and has 5 hours of training the first week expanding to 7 hours by week 6. Runs are short, have a focus on drills and because the intensity is aerobic, the workouts should leave you feeling energized, not depleted. The plan includes cross training and strength training to build good athletic movements and great habits on the way to working back from 10 miles per week up to 20+ in 6 weeks. This plan will get you ready to train. Athletes should have a watch with HR and a willingness to commit to training daily.
All athletes using this plan are encouraged to join the FREE live Zoom Strength Training for Runners sessions on Wednesday nights. For details see http://www.ultraufitness.com/strength-training-for-runners--home-edition.html
Start this plan on a Monday for workouts to fall in place correctly.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?