Dana KatzAll plans by this Coach
This training plan is for uninjured runners who are out of the running habit and want to get back into running safely. This plan helps healthy athletes get back to a daily workout practice. The plan starts with 4 runs per week and has 5 hours of training the first week expanding to 7 hours by week 6. Runs are short, have a focus on drills and because the intensity is aerobic, the workouts should leave you feeling energized, not depleted. The plan includes cross training and strength training to build good athletic movements and great habits on the way to working back from 10 miles per week up to 20+ in 6 weeks. This plan will get you ready to train. Athletes should have a watch with HR and a willingness to commit to training daily.
Start this plan on a Monday for workouts to fall in place correctly.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.