Return to Running - Physical Therapist Prescribed After Injury or Beginner 12 Week Plan
Alyssa MorrisonAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Research suggests that between 70-90% of runners will get injured each year. Therefore, following a training plan created by and prescribed by physical therapists, as well as sports medicine doctors, is key to returning as safely and effectively as possible. This is your plan!
Please note: When recovering from an injury, it is important to follow the guidance of your doctor or physical therapist as to when to begin your return to running training program.
IS THIS TRAINING PROGRAM FOR YOU?
The main goal of this training program is to provide you the opportunity to return to running so you can participate in the sport you love while minimizing your risk for injury. This training program can be used to return to running after time off or return to running after an injury. It also can be combined with your current cross training routine as desired.
WHAT BASE LEVEL OF FITNESS IS REQUIRED?
This training program can be used to return to running after time off or return to running after an injury. Ideally a base level of fitness is maintained from cross-training however not required.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
Purchase of this training plan includes the following:
· In-depth, instructional 30+ page Injury Prevention Athlete's Guide. For more details on what is included, please send an inquiry to review the Table of Contents.
- Glut Activation Exercises document, as well as supplementary core and glut videos to maintain vital healthy activation and engagement
- Comprehensive static running drills (plus video demonstrations), as warm up, to help ingrain efficient and effective running form. Dynamic warm up drills also included if preferred
- Injury prevention strategies are built into the workouts.
- Training plan uses common language and little to no abbreviations to try to decipher.
· Email access to the coach and author for questions, concerns or guidance
Please email Coach AJ at: AJ@MultisportinMotion.com or email@example.com or visit us at www.multisportinmotion.com
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|2:02 hrs||1:20 hrs|
|1:00 hrs||0:20 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||2:02 hrs||1:20 hrs|
||1:00 hrs||0:20 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor