James Kuegler CoachingAll plans by this Coach
This progressive 16-week training plan is designed to take athletes from running two to three hours weekly, to capable of running up to running seven hours, including two hours of cross-training in just seven days. This plan can be used as a continuation of our any of our beginner running programmes or for athletes already capable of completing the preview week. The goal of this progressive programme is to build up athletes training capacity by focusing primarily on aerobic intensity training. Upon completion of this programme, athletes will be equipped to achieve their own specific goals.
All runs are titled in a format summarizing the run. The first number is the training zones the session is based it, e.g. "3. Tempo. 45 Incl. 15 Tempo. Pace". The "3" here represents the training zone the session is based at. The next word, "Tempo" is the word for the training zone the session is based. The "45" represents the length of the entire session, warm up and cool down inclusive, and the "15" shows the active minutes in this specefic session. The last word, "Pace" is telling us that this specefic session is monitored by pace. Sessions can be monitored by pace, heart rate (HR) or relative percieved exertion (RPE).
Zone 1 - Absorption
Zone 2 - Aerobic
Zone 3 - Tempo
Zone 4 - Sub-Threshold
Zone 5a - Super-Threshold
Zone 5b - Interval
Zone 5c - Repition.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.