Half Marathon - 17 Weeks
Kephren IzzardAll plans by this Coach
Why 17 weeks?
We believe optimal performance comes with around 16 weeks of work plus a week to freshen up!
Using a combination of pace and heart rate to optimise your physiological response and keep fatigue under control, this program will suit all abilities who have completed at least a 10km unbroken run.
Based on 4 runs per week, this allows those with busy lives to be able get through the sessions each week and still perform on their chosen race day.
Can be completed without using heart rate, but best results have come from pace and heart rate.
Use your "off days" for cross training, strength or core work, yoga, flexibility, recovery! These will all aid your build to your best Half Marathon!!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?