Marathon Training Plan -16 Weeks PR
Thelen CoachingAll plans by this Coach
This is a 16 week, time based advanced level marathon training plan designed for someone trying to run a marathon PR. You should be comfortable running at least 5 hours a week, with five days of running per week prior to starting this training plan. There are two to three speed workouts per week, and a long run weekly on Sundays. All workouts are time based and there is no need for access to a track for the speed workouts. Marathon pace workouts are incorporated into the long runs through out the training program. The long runs top out at 3 hours and highest weekly volume is 8:30 of running time. There is additional cross training and strength training time built into the program. Fridays are a rest day from running to allow for recovery. There are also two recovery weeks with decreased intensity and volume.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?