Thelen CoachingAll plans by this Coach
This is a 16 week, time based advanced level marathon training plan designed for someone trying to finish the 50 States, but still run a fast marathon time at a target race. There are two marathons contained in the plan, four weeks apart (mimicking race combinations such as the Des Moines Marathon and the New York City Marathon.) The first one will be treated like a long run and the second marathon is the target race. You should be comfortable running about 5 hours week prior to starting this plan, with at least one marathon completed. There are two - three speed workout days per week, with the long run and both marathons scheduled for Sundays. The weekly running hours top out at 8 hours per week but there is additional cross training scheduled with a rest day on Fridays weekly.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.