Injury Prevention Marathon Plan - Beginner to Intermediate (16 Weeks)
Alyssa MorrisonAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Research suggests that between 70-90% of runners will get injured each year. Therefore, the main goal of this training program is to provide you the opportunity to participate in the sport you love while minimizing your risk for injury. Thankfully the effort you put into injury prevention strategies is the same focus that will provide you with greater speed and power. Thus, participation in this training program is a win-win to foster optimal performance.
IS THIS TRAINING PROGRAM FOR YOU?
Designed for the beginner to intermediate marathon runner, here are the specifics of the 16-week training program:
· Progression through four 2-3 week build cycles, all followed by a recovery week.
· Each week typically consists of 3-4 run workouts, ~1-2 optional cross training workout and 3-4 strength training workouts. One day per week, Friday, is designated as a day off. However, this rest day can be flexible as your schedule requires and guidance is offered to adjust for this need.
· Injury prevention strategies are built into the workouts each day/week. Other training tools complement these workouts to minimize risk for injury and put the athlete in the position for greater speed and power.
· Training plan starts on a Monday. Therefore, it can be applied to start on any Monday or it can be set to end on race day.
· Training plan uses common language and little to no abbreviations to try to decipher.
WHAT LEVEL OF FITNESS IS REQUIRED?
· Prior to beginning this training program, you should be able to complete a 6 mile run.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
Purchase of this training plan includes the following:
· In-depth, instructional 30+ page Injury Prevention Athlete's Guide including injury prediction tips and injury prevention strategies and drills, as well as strength training routines. For more details on what is included, please send an inquiry to review the Table of Contents.
· Extensive, educational 70+ page Athlete’s Guide. For more details on what is included, please send an inquiry to review the Table of Contents.
· Comprehensive Glut Activation Exercises document
· Online, supplementary videos for run drills and mechanics.
· Online, supplementary videos for strength training including core and glut focused exercises.
· Online, supplementary videos for optimal breathing and stabilization strategies.
· Email access to the coach and author for questions, concerns or guidance.
Please email Coach AJ at: AJ@MultisportinMotion.com or email@example.com or visit us at www.multisportinmotion.com.
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|4:50 hrs||3:20 hrs|
|0:58 hrs||0:20 hrs|
|0:33 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||4:50 hrs||3:20 hrs|
||0:58 hrs||0:20 hrs|
||0:33 hrs||1:00 hrs|