Marathon "A" Race 7 weeks after 50k for Triathletes
Marco NicoliAll plans by this Coach
Are you running an important Marathon just 7 weeks after a 50K "tune-up" race.
I know, not the most common scenario but it CAN happen.
This plan will allow you a short period of "rest where running will be slowly re-introduced over the course of 2 weeks where cycling and swimming will be used to help speed recovery while maintaining cardio fitness.
The next few weeks will closely resemble the regular Marathon Training Plan with strength and quality training being emphasized.
There will only be 2 long runs, one of which will be a Race Simulator 4 weeks out from your A Race Marathon
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?