16 Week Marathon Run Program Masters
Pauline CoundAll plans by this Coach
This is a time based program over 16 weeks for a Master runner preparing for their first or only marathon of the year so it starts off at a low base but assumes the athlete is already running a minimum of 4 hours a week.
It comprises 6 run sessions: two speed and one long slow distance sessions weekly (key sessions) with three active recovery runs (Zone 2). The third Active Recovery is optional and can be inserted on off days or as a second daily run. It has a mix of time trials, hill sessions, interval and test runs (to monitor improvement). The longest run should not exceed 32 km's.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|5:11 hrs||2:30 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||5:11 hrs||2:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?