Marathon beginner (20 weeks)-HR based
Lindsay Zemba LeighAll plans by this Coach
The Beginner Marathon plan is geared to first-timer marathoners who have been running 3-5 miles comfortably 3-4 times per week for at least six months. The plan gradually builds in mileage and intensity allowing your body to adapt to the new distances each week. We progress from a 5 mile long run to one 20 mile long run in prep for the race.
The plan includes four runs per week, optional cross-training workouts, yoga, functional strength workouts, and rest days, and also a field test to set heart rate zones.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|2:14 hrs||1:07 hrs|
|0:18 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|0:27 hrs||0:25 hrs|
|0:57 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||2:14 hrs||1:07 hrs|
||0:18 hrs||0:45 hrs|
||0:27 hrs||0:25 hrs|
||0:57 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?