Thomas CraggsAll plans by this Coach
This plan will build you up to your marathon over the course of 20 weeks. Your training is designed to get increasingly specific as you move through.
This plan is for runners who are training regularly and will see you running 5 days a week suitable for improving and advanced runners. It starts off with a long run of 80 minutes and builds to some advanced sessions in the final 6-8 weeks. All the sessions are set to time which means the plan can be used by runners of a wider range of abilities including runners targeting under 3 hours up to 4+ hours. In the key weeks of the plan you'll have a supplemental mid week longer run of 75-90 minutes.
The plan will work for those who like to train to perceived effort, HR or pace and it comes with a comprehensive guide to give you all the knowledge you'll need to complete it.
If 5 days a week and a long run of 75 minutes is a bit much for you, fear not check out one of my other plans which can either get you to that point or see you training less or more depending on your ability and available time.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?