marathon training plan
Alison SmithAll plans by this Coach
A 12- week marathon training programme, from a starting point of being able to run a half marathon.
This programme has THREE key runs per week, and is quality, not quantity focused.
The sessions are based on a mix of RPE, threshold pace and anticipated marathon pace.
Ideally a Heart rate monitor and/or GPS watch will help you to get the most out of this programme.
Unless you specifically ask for assistance from the coach there will be no communication over the duration of this programme.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|1:29 hrs||3:25 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:29 hrs||3:25 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?