Marathon Machine/28 Weeks [EXPERIENCED]
Tony RichAll plans by this Coach
This advanced program is for experienced marathon runners (More than 3 years of long-course running experience and/or Boston Qualifiers) preparing for a Marathon. Incorporates strength building workouts, cross training and hill structured workouts. The 28 week program incorporates 8 weeks of Base, 12 weeks of Build, and 5 weeks of peak volume that leads into 3 weeks of tapering. Largest peak volume week tops at 2.5x marathon distance (~65 Miles). Includes recovery weeks and easy days to rest and harvest gains. There is field testing every six weeks to assess advances. Comes with a companion 70+ page eBook and a Running Performance Console spreadsheet based calculators with dashboard.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?