14 Week Marathon Plan - Advanced
This is for an advanced runner. It is a high mileage programme so you must be someone who can handle 50-60km a week before you start the programme. There are challenging weekly track sessions and long runs with race pace intervals. It is important you use a heart rate monitor. Make sure you know your HR zones. It is important to know your LTHR(Lactate threshold heart rate) as this will make sure you do not push to hard as well as make sure you run the easier sessions easy. It will also help you on race day.
Check out this link to find out about LTHR:
Be careful with injury and sickness. If any niggles occur you must back off and get treatment.
Likewise if any sign of being run down. Take a day or two off. Rather do that than potentially lose more time off training.
If you have any questions email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.