Tony PerssonAll plans by this Coach
Tokyo, London, Berlin, Chicago, New York and Boston Marathon.
Here is the training program for runners aiming on a time between 2:45-3:30.
Heart rate monitor is necessary.
The program is built with Training Peaks structured workout module, so all workouts are downloadable to Training Peaks compatible devices.
Using this structure, and Heart Rate Monitors, gives the possibility to fit a rather large span of runners into the same program. The more fit runner will run at a higher pace at a given heart rate, and so all runners (approx 2:45-3:30) will be given adequate challenge and training.
Furthermore the program includes run ABC (run schooling) explained as well as strengthening and flexibility/mobility exercises in order to avoid all those typical runner's injuries that are so typical 5-7 weeks into a new training program.
With this 12 weeks program you'll be well set for a PB at any of the World Majors!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?