Coach LAURAAll plans by this Coach
This is a 16 week MARATHON plan designed to get you to the race day happy, healthy and ready to perform!
This plan is built from a physical therapist perspective, with core strength, recovery and health being paramount.
Recovery days are built in, but please take more if needed... Especially on days that you did not get adequate sleep the night prior. My rule is if your fatigue level is 7/10 or higher you must take a rest day.
The plan has 4 phases: base training, build training, peak training and a taper. If you miss a workout or a week due to travel or illness..please do not try and make up the training by adding it to the current week. Call me and I will walk you through how to change it. We don't want you making any large jumps in your long run mileage...this is where the injuries occur.
I have added optional cross training - please do not get overwhelmed! If you enjoy cycling - do it! If you enjoy swimming..do it!
Core workouts are a necessary part of arriving to the race injury free.
Physical Therapist at Drayer Physical Therapy,
USAT Certified Triathlon Coach, and owner of
Tri Strong Coaching
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?