Thelen CoachingAll plans by this Coach
This six month marathon training plan will have you reaching your target marathon ready to race. Using time based workouts designed to fit into a busy schedule, this plan favors quality over quantity. Before starting this plan, you should be comfortable with four days a week running and a long run of about 1:30. You will build up from a weekly volume of 4 hours of running to a maximum of 7:15 of running. The long runs top out at 3:20, but with targeted paces over the course of the time. There are five days of running through the week, with one complete rest day and one cross training day.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?