Half Marathon Training Plan - 8 Weeks PR
Thelen CoachingAll plans by this Coach
So you've run a few half marathons and want to try for a new PR at one in the next two months, You've been running between 4-5 times a week and have kept up a longer run of over an hour on the weekend. This intermediate level plan is ideal for you. It's a quality over quantity training plan with focused workouts during the week, a long run on Sunday and a rest day on Monday. Workouts are all time based, with RPE and pace instructions so that you can step out the door and start training without searching for a track to use. The longest run tops out at 2:00.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|4:26 hrs||2:00 hrs|
|1:33 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|0:52 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Day Off x1
|0:45 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||4:26 hrs||2:00 hrs|
||1:33 hrs||0:30 hrs|
||0:52 hrs||0:30 hrs|
||0:45 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?