Thelen CoachingAll plans by this Coach
This is an intermediate level training plan for a half marathon within the next two months. It is ideal for someone who has been running consistently and has endurance base but wants to target a specific event. You should be able to run 4 times a week with a long run of 8 miles at the start of the plan. The long runs are on Sundays with the rest of the workouts Tuesday - Friday to allow for family time on the weekend. Saturday is scheduled for cross training or off. The workouts are time based with intensity and pace guidelines to allow for easy completion without having to find a track to use. The mileage for this plan tops out at 34 miles per week with a long run of 12 miles prior to the goal race
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?