Half Marathon Plan - Beginner
Clive BoultonAll plans by this Coach
OVERVIEW - This is a 20 week Half Marathon plan that starts with a base phase, it builds from a low of 15miles per week to peak weeks of around 26miles. It is periodised with essential recovery weeks and is focused towards those who are taking on the distance for the first or second time..
WHAT IS THIS TRAINING PLAN FOR - This plan is a Beginners performance plan geared towards those seeking a comfortable and creditable Half Marathon Performance sub 1:55hr (Men) and sub 2:05hr (Women)
WHO IS THIS TRAINING PLAN FOR - Invariably those embarking on this plan will have a some running experiencet, they may well have some experience in organised road running events. They will seeking a schedule that will provide them with a comfortable and creditable Half Marathon performance. They will be prepared to consistently commit five days per week to their training.
CALL: If requested the plan can also include 2x 30-40min video calls, the first at the beginning of the plan and the second at the athletes request as they work through the plan.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?