Half Marathon beginner (16 weeks)-HR based
Lindsay Zemba LeighAll plans by this Coach
This Half Marathon beginner plan is geared towards runners who are doing their first half marathon and want to train to run the half marathon without walking. It starts with a long run of 4 miles and progresses each week. The plan includes three runs per week, optional cross-training workouts, functional strength workouts, yoga, and rest days, and includes a field test to set heart rate zones. This plan is perfect for those who have been running 30-50 minutes 3-4 times per week for at least six months.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|1:56 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|0:24 hrs||0:25 hrs|
|0:17 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|0:53 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:56 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||0:24 hrs||0:25 hrs|
||0:17 hrs||0:45 hrs|
||0:53 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?