Beginner Half Marathon Plan (1/2 Marathon) 16 weeks
Justin RoederAll plans by this Coach
This half marathon training program is perfect for athletes looking to excel at their first 1/2 marathon. This plan is ideal for those athletes looking for a beginner program.
Athletes will begin with a 10 mile week and top out around 25 miles per week. This program has some flexibility as the majority of the runs are distance focused, but towards the end of the program the focus shifts to "time on feet" to make sure we recover properly.
This half marathon training plan focuses on building a strong foundation with "easy" and "aerobic" runs.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?