Hilly Half Marathon - 16 Week Training Plan
The half marathon training plan is designed to take are runner with some running base (10-12miles/week). This plan prepares you by steadily increasing distance and intensity as the plan progresses but with built in recovery to ensure that you continue to make gains without running the risk of over training.
With this training plan you will quickly see the importance of a structured training plan and how intervals can improve the effectiveness of your training time.
It is important to complete the Field Test for this to improve the efficiency of your training. The field test will create training ranges (Pace and/or HR) for your runs to allow for improved results
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.