Paul GardnerAll plans by this Coach
Sport: Run Includes Strength and Conditioning, Plyo, Warm ups and Cool downs
Distance | Event: HALF MARATHON PACE BASED [FLAT COURSE]
Suitable for: GOOD FOR AGE | PERFORMANCE
Suitable for a seasoned performance oriented athlete conditioned or regularly training in this sport. Your goal may be a personal best, finishing on the podium or 'good for age' and representing your club regularly. You may even have aspirations of national or international titles at your distance and age group and want to do this in a smart way that maximises your resistance to injury and avoids overtraining. You get a progressive programme based on your chosen way of measuring effort that’s clear, easy to follow and starts with testing and manageable sessions that grow more challenging as you improve.
What you get:
• Video introduction and Welcome and various run pace calculators
• Full test protocols for benchmarking and improvement, plus retesting sessions
• One-minute videos on Training Peaks set up and use, plus how-to PDF
• Information on all links to connect your training device and Training Peaks
• Full access to lovetri run technique training library on YouTube
• Background run activation and secrets of the Brownlee run protocols
• Full PDF photo technique how-to guides on Plyo, conditioning, stretches and warm ups
• ALL sessions based on YOUR fitness, pace, heart rate or power metrics
• Inbuilt ‘progression’ challenge, sessions get more challenging the fitter you get
• Full illustrated guides on all strength and conditioning sessions
• A plan based on your chosen way of measuring your effort and improvement
• A programme based not on hours, but on fitness progression for your chosen event
• An invitation to the closed group Racestronger Facebook pages where you can share experiences, ask questions and find out more relating to your training
A guaranteed 'get faster' programme comprising UK National Performance Centre speed work as used by the squad there, including a couple of very well known athletes, challenging hill sessions and weekend longer but manageable distance runs that constantly challenge the energy systems. If you are looking for a plan to bring you PBs or to get you up to speed for a race then this is it.
Plan includes around 3-4 quality run sessions a week, with one being optional - longest run depending on fitness will be around 26K. Time is around 4-7 QUALITY hours per week This assumes that any commute running or fun running is done very easy and over relatively short distances. The progressive programme focuses on speed early in the week throughout the plan, with varied tempo, hill and sub threshold work during the week, leaving the weekend for varied and longer runs. There is ample recovery time and some sessions are optional. Incorporates final week race taper
All our plans offer proven results, and have been used by elites to novice level athletes in multi- discipline to single sport to achieve personal bests and outstanding performances. Race proven by the Lovetri |Swimwerkx team and hundreds of athletes worldwide. The library features full multi-discipline programmes and ‘boost’ programmes, allowing you to focus on your favourite sport or the one you want to improve the most. You’ll find a programme to suit at www.racestronger.com that allows you to mix metric train, with power and heart rate, or train using your preferred effort measurement method. Why not buy a plan and take advantage of our tailoring offer, meaning we can swap around for a small fee the types of sessions.
Do the work, no more no less, and we're pretty sure you'll be setting your best ever run times at the end. Do the strength work and plyo to ensure you've got the edge.
All training plans on racestronger.com http://bit.ly/racestronger
All Racestronger plans on Training Peaks http://bit.ly/allplans
Like and Join on Facebook! http://bit.ly/racestrongerteam
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?