Half Marathon on 3 Days of Running - Intermediate to Advanced Runners - 16 Weeks - Sunday Race
Joan Scrivanich , MA, CSCSAll plans by this Coach
Designed for: Intermediate to Advanced Runners.
This plan will help take you through your half marathon training on only 3 days of running.
This is the plan for you if you're the type of runner that:
-Prefers including cross training in your plan
-Wants to run a marathon but needs to reduce the amount of days you run
-Can only get out for 3 days of running
Created by: Exercise Physiologist & Coach Joan Scrivanich who earned her Master’s Degree in Exercise Physiology from the Ivy League university Columbia University in New York City. She holds coaching certifications from USA Triathlon, IRONMAN, USA Track & Field, and National Strength & Conditioning Association.
Joan has been an endurance athlete for almost 30 years. She had the privilege of competing at a competitive division I college in both cross country and track and has experience training & racing for everything from the Mile to the Marathon and Sprint Triathlons to the Ironman.
- E-mail support is available to answer your questions regarding the plan.
- An Athlete Guide & description document explaining your upcoming workouts and training
- A Zone Chart explaining effort/zones/intensity levels for reference with the workouts.
- Monthly informational newsletter
- Discount to Rise Endurance Membership
You will get in all your key running workouts while supplementing your training with cross training to keep you balanced and in order to get to your half marathon fit, healthy, and ready to run your best. It includes strength training, days off, and active recovery days.
Before starting: This plan is designed for runners who may or may not have already tackled the half marathon distance already and want a solid finish under their belt.
You should be able to comfortably run for one hour before starting this plan. The weekly volume of the plan starts at 6:15 for the first week and peaks at 8:45. If you're not currently running the mileage prescribed in the workouts, you should start by gradually building up for a few weeks or months (depending on your starting point) before starting this plan.
I look forward to helping you reach your potential.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?