Clive BoultonAll plans by this Coach
OVERVIEW - This is a 16 week 5km plan that starts with a base phase, the plan is aimed at the advanced MASTERS athlete looking to make a step forward, the plan starts at LESS THAN 40km per week and peaks at just over 50km. The plan is built around 1 run session per day, 6 days per week. However, every third week is a recovery week and run sessions reduce to 5
WHAT IS THIS TRAINING PLAN FOR - This plan is a high-level performance plan geared towards ELITE MASTERS athletes seeking a strong 5km race performance 17-20mins (Men) and 19-22mins (Women)
WHO IS THIS TRAINING PLAN FOR - Invariably those embarking on this plan will have a strong running background and will have spent a some time in the sport and will be experienced in racing road or cross-country. They will be ambitious in their 5km race goal and be prepared to commit time and effort to being the best athlete they can be.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.