Low Volume Sub 20 5K Plan
Simon OlneyAll plans by this Coach
Written by 17 minute 5K runner Simon Olney, this plan will help those with busy lives struggling to dip under 20 minutes achieve their goal with two rest days a week, including one on the weekend.
For this plan you'll need a running watch with GPS functionality, but that's about it. Targets are based on pace so no need to heart rate but I recommend you record it if you can to give you an idea of how your body is reacting to the training load.
Keep your threshold the same on TrainingPeaks for this plan (or use your current PB to calculate yours in your settings), but ensure that for the sub 20 paced sessions you're running at or below 4:00 per KM, regardless of what the targets tell you.
If you have any questions before purchasing this plan or during the training itself, drop me an E-mail at Simon@phazontriathlon.com and I'll do my best to help you.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?