RUN with PACE series: 5km (ADVANCED, SUB 20min, 6 weeks). Starts Any Week. SAT Event
Darrin Jordaan, MSc Med., CSCS., Certified Ironman Coach., UCI Level 1 Cycling Coach.All plans by this Coach
Who is this plan for:
This plan is for the runner looking to add more weekly distance. Add more intensity in the form of intervals as well as a focus on hill training which is an important aspect for the transition from beginner to intermediate runner.
To start this plan, runners need to have been running seriously for a few years, training all year round, have raced at a variety of different distances and are doing regular interval work
For the runner who is looking to step up training and improve finishing times. Ideal for a runner trying to break 20min time barrier.
This ADVANCED program focuses on race feel. This means doing intervals at or faster than your 5km goal pace. Recovery between intervals will be short as this is what it will be like in the race itself.
MSc (MED), CSCS
Certified Irionman Coach
UCI Level 1 Coach
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|1:46 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|0:34 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|0:25 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:46 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||0:34 hrs||0:45 hrs|
||0:25 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?