RUN with POWER METER series: 5km (INTERMEDIATE, SUB 25min, 6 weeks). Starts Any Week. SAT Event
Darrin Jordaan, MSc Med., CSCS., Certified Ironman Coach., UCI Level 1 Cycling Coach.All plans by this Coach
Who is this plan for:
This plan is for the runner looking to add more weekly distance. Add more intensity in the form of intervals as well as a focus on hill training which is an important aspect for the transition from beginner to intermediate runner.
**Optimized to work with Stryd Power Meter
This plan is for runners who have been running consistently for at least a year. Have minimal experience with interval training and have run a 5km event, although may have not raced it.
For the runner who is looking to step up training and improve finishing times. Ideal for a runner trying to break 25min time barrier.
MSc (MED), CSCS
Certified Irionman Coach
UCI Level 1 Coach
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|2:20 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|0:34 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|0:25 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||2:20 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||0:34 hrs||0:45 hrs|
||0:25 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?