RUN With HEART RATE: First 5km race (BEGINNER, 9 weeks), Starts Any Week. SAT race. REUSABLE
Darrin Jordaan, MSc (Med)., CSCS., Certified Ironman Coach., UCI Level 1 Cycling Coach.All plans by this Coach
Who is this plan for:
This plan is appropriate for beginner runners with a goal of finishing their first 5km run.
Minimum requirements before starting this plan:
To begin this plan, make sure you can run up to 20mins comfortably around 3 times per week.
This program will start around 2 hours per week and peak at around 4 hours in week 8.
Whats included in the plan:
This plan includes strength work. You will need to have access to a swiss ball, but this not strictly necessary.
This plan uses heart rate as the basis of intensity. And works off 220-age for determining training zones.
This plan can also be used as a low volume maintenance or as a transition plan for higher volume runners to use during the off season.
MSc (MED), CSCS
Certified Irionman Coach
UCI Level 1 Coach
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?