Mackenzie Madison, M.S. Exercise Physiology, USAT, Pro TriathleteAll plans by this Coach
This 9 week beginner 5k Training Plan is here for you to continue to stay, fit, active and become a better runner. This training plan expects a basis of running 3-4 times per week and having the ability to run/jog or walk 2 miles as a base starting point for this training plan layout. This training plan goes by distance and runs off of total mileage build. There are 3 weeks of 10% mileage increase followed by 1 week of recovery. The last final weeks are there to prep you for your 5k. You will learn pacing, become fitter, faster and stronger. This Beginner 5k training plan allows for cross-training opportunities and other sports. The max distance you will get up to n one run will be 7 miles. Coach Mackenzie from Team Madison wants to offer you accountability and a schedule to keep you on track during these times. Running is the one fitness activity that still can't be taken away from us. Enjoy! Stay active!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.