Lidds Training and Performance CoachingAll plans by this Coach
Who is this plan for?
This 6 week plan is ideal for novice/beginner runners who have little or no experience running. Non-runners would benefit from this introduction plan to build up gently for 5k training
What is it? What is involved?
The plan will offer 3 or 4 running sessions per week as well as offer suggestions for developing strength. The running sessions will offer a variety of workouts from 1 minute to 12 minutes, building gradually over a period of weeks, interspersed with periods of walking recovery.
It'll be safe, structured, and just the right balance of challenging and achievable. The plan progresses gradually avoiding overtraining or injury. This will prepare inexperienced runners for their first 5k event.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.