5k beginner (10 weeks)-HR based
Lindsay Zemba LeighAll plans by this Coach
The 5K Beginner plan is geared towards new runners who want to run a 5K successfully. The plan includes a mix of running easy days, long endurance runs, cross-training and rest, along with yoga and functional strength sessions. It also includes a field test to set up heart rate zones.
The plan is perfect for those who have been running 2-3 times per week for 20-30 minutes.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|1:22 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|0:18 hrs||0:15 hrs|
|0:15 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|0:39 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:22 hrs||0:45 hrs|
||0:18 hrs||0:15 hrs|
||0:15 hrs||0:45 hrs|
||0:39 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?