Raymond BoardmanAll plans by this Coach
“Training for excellence, with excellent training.”
When you constantly set faster times at your local Park Run you will have achieved something special for yourself. Designed for Beginner & Intermediate runners who are looking to improve their 5km time at their local Park Run event, the primary goal of this training plan is to make you FASTER.
Crafted by myself, Ray Boardman PGDipSportsMed, PGDipRehab, PGCertSc (Exercise Science), BSc (Anatomy), DipSportsStudies this plan encapsulates my passion for the sport, my experience from completing hundreds of running events and triathlons and my success coaching hundreds of runners and triathletes.
Starting when every you want to, this plan progresses through each week going through four distinct phases each 4 weeks long. It includes four runs each week. Although not necessary, I recommend using a heart rate monitor in conjunction with a GPS watch (such as a Garmin).
Prior to using this plan, you should be able to complete a 45min run comfortably.
Purchase of this plan gives you access to my fortnightly coaching calls where you can ask me any training or racing related questions.
Training for another race distance? I also have training plans for other marathon's and half marathon as well as triathlons too.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.