Professional Running Coach Justin RoederAll plans by this Coach
This 16 week 10,000m training plan is built for the athlete looking to COMPETE in their next 10k track, road, or cross country race. This plan focuses on increasing athlete's running threshold and aerobic capacity to sustain an aggressive pace for 6.2 miles.
Athletes beginning this plan should be running at least 2-4 hours a week consistently before taking on this plan. This plan offers suggested volume throughout the week, but athletes can adjust it to their current level of fitness.
This training plan follows a 6 days on, 1 day rest model. Within the week the athlete will have 2 recovery days with drill, 2 key workout days, and 2 longer endurance days. Depending on the your current fitness and volume goals you could take that rest day completely off, possibly add in some cross training, or add an additional aerobic run.
This plan caters towards athletes looking for the ideal plan for their build up for their upcoming 10,000m "A" race. In addition, this plan is perfect for those athletes needing strength for a 5,000m race or possibly more speed before their upcoming 13.1 or 26.2 race.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?