10km in/under 40 minutes (in 12 weeks)
Frank SendersAll plans by this Coach
This plan will bring you in 12 weeks to a 10k road race under 40 minutes. To start this plan you should be able to run a 10k in/around 45 minutes. Also you should be able to run 90/100 minutes straight.
In order to run a sub 40 min 10K, you must be able to run around/below 4min per km for that distance. The reason I mention this, is that you will have to train at a pace faster than this speed (occasionally).
The secret of this training plan is to balance your training with your lifestyle. Your running must never become too much for you. You must always be able to do the sessions asked of you, if you miss a training session you can’t make it up. There is no going back to make up for what you have missed. If doing that is what normally leads to injuries.
This plan requires your commitment to go out and run preferably 4 times per week (in peak weeks 5 times). And we promise you success.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?