All In Running: 10K Beginner 1 [16+1 Weeks | Metric]
All In RunningAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Aimed for absolute beginners, this training plan will help achieve 10K fitness in only 16 weeks. Complimentary 1 week of recovery has also been included, making it a total of 17 weeks.
- Simple: Easy to understand titles and instructions.
- Quality: Detailed descriptions, tips & suggestions and structured workouts.
- Results: Delivered positive experiences over many years via our training plans.
- Lifelong: Our training plans don’t expire and can be reused at any time.
- Holistic: General guidance on other dimensions of your fitness such as strength training.
- Prevention: Daily set of physiotherapy and mobility exercises to minimize injury risk.
- Bonus: Complimentary week(s) included to help with recovery after achieving target distance.
- Support: Write to us at any time for clarifications and guidance.
- Community: Join our Strava club and connect with hundreds of other runners to stay motivated.
- Flexible: If this training plan didn’t align with your fitness, we offer complimentary switch to a different plan within 14 days of purchase; Only pay the price difference between the plans.
- Ability to walk 20-25 minutes non-stop without any difficulty.
- Ability to do brisk (fast) walk for 3-5 minutes non-stop without any difficulty.
- Running is an impact sport. In order to minimize injury risk, we suggest that you consult a sports injury specialist before using this program.
Keeping it simple, for this plan we use distance-based training.
Are you someone who thought that "running is not for me"? We are certain that if you follow our 10K Beginner 1 Training Plan, you will think differently, forever!
This training plan is for all who have never run / jogged in their life but would like to get started. If you have the ability to run slowly for 2-3 minutes non-stop, we recommend that you try our 10K Beginner 2 Training Plan.
The first few weeks encourage you to start slowly and cover a set distance using a run/walk combination. We recommend following the plan as given and avoid doing more than prescribed. Conservative as it may seem, it is critical to take it slow and give the body time to adapt.
In only 16 weeks, this plan will allow in building the endurance and the capacity to run 10 kms without much difficulty.
Follow this training plan and you’ll be ready to cover longer distances. What seems difficult today will become easy soon. You can do it!
All In Running is a long distance running platform that embraces self-exploration through active living and experiencing the outdoors. We offer personalized distance running training services for individuals and groups. Over the years, our program has helped individuals, beginners as well as experienced runners, discover their potential and has been successful in delivering rich experiences. All In Running is the first in India to organise a series of trail running camps to promote trail running in the Himalayas.
Nakul Butta, Founder & Head Coach, is an accomplished Indian amateur long-distance road and trail runner and a certified marathon running coach. Our training plans have been developed by him, using years of coaching experience with all types of runners.
Contact us if you would like to upgrade to our personal coaching services or learn about our trail running camps in the Himalayas.
For any questions or inquiries, please email us at email@example.com
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|1:45 hrs||0:15 hrs|
|2:20 hrs||1:25 hrs|
Day Off x2
|0:52 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|0:19 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:45 hrs||0:15 hrs|
||2:20 hrs||1:25 hrs|
||0:52 hrs||0:30 hrs|
||0:19 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices: