10km under 45 minutes (in 12 weeks)
Frank SendersAll plans by this Coach
This plan will bring you in 12 weeks to a 10k road race under 45 minutes. To start this plan you should be able to run a 10k in 50 minutes. And be able to run 80 minutes straight.
In order to run a sub 45 minutes for 10K, you must be able to run below 0:04:30 minutes per km for the distance. The reason I mention this, is that you will have to train at a pace faster than this speed (occasionally). So, if your running has consisted of a lot off Long Slow Distance running, it is time for a change. A time for a change of attitude and a new fresh approach towards your training.
This plan is based on speed (time p/km) and/or Heart rate. We suggest you set your km to 5min p/km in your Athlete Account - Training Zones - Threshold Speed - Joe Friel for running (7). Only that way this plan will work 100%.
Happy Training and enjoy. "Your Coach" Frank
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|3:09 hrs||1:30 hrs|
Day Off x3
|0:09 hrs||0:20 hrs|
|0:14 hrs||0:21 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||3:09 hrs||1:30 hrs|
||0:09 hrs||0:20 hrs|
||0:14 hrs||0:21 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?