Lidds Training and Performance CoachingAll plans by this Coach
Who is this plan for? This 8 week plan is ideal for novice/beginner runners who have little or no experience running. Non-runners would benefit from this introduction plan to build up gently for 10km training.
What is it? What is involved? The plan will offer 3/4 running sessions per week as well as offer suggestions for developing strength. The running sessions will offer a variety of workouts from, building gradually over a period of weeks, interspersed with periods of walking recovery. It'll be safe, structured, and just the right balance of challenging and achievable. The plan progresses gradually avoiding overtraining or injury. This will prepare inexperienced runners for their first 10km event.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.