Raymond BoardmanAll plans by this Coach
“Training for excellence, with excellent training.”
When you cross the finish line of your 10km Run you will have accomplished something very special.
Designed for Beginner runners who are looking to complete a 10km run event, the primary goal of this training plan is to prepare you to COMPLETE the 10km Run.
Crafted by myself, Ray Boardman PGDipSportsMed, PGDipRehab, PGCertSc (Exercise Science), BSc (Anatomy), DipSportsStudies this plan encapsulates my passion for the sport, my experience from completing dozens of Half and Full Marathon distance events and my success coaching hundreds of runners & triathletes.
Starting 12 weeks before your 10km Run event , this plan progresses through phases to build you to your peak performance. Each week contains three runs. You will build up to running 1:20 hrs in a single session. Although not necessary, I recommend using a heart rate monitor in conjunction with a GPS watch (such as a Garmin).
Prior to using this plan, you should be able to run non-stop for 30 minutes.
Purchase of this plan gives you access to my fortnightly coaching calls where you can ask me any training or racing related questions.
Training for another race distance? I also have training plans for full distance Triathlons (3.8km Swim/180km Bike/42km Run) and Sprint & Olympic Triathlons plus Running Races (from 5k to marathon), too.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.