10k beginner (10 weeks) - HR based
Lindsay Zemba LeighAll plans by this Coach
The 10K Beginning 10 week plan is perfect for new runners who want to run a 10K successfully. The plan includes 3 running days, optional cross-training workouts, strength training, and yoga, and also a field test to set HR zones. It begins with 30-40 minutes and builds to 40-60 minutes preparing you to successfully run the 10K race. The program is perfect for those who have been running 3 times per week for at least 40 minutes.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|2:16 hrs||1:05 hrs|
|0:19 hrs||0:20 hrs|
|0:15 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|0:42 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||2:16 hrs||1:05 hrs|
||0:19 hrs||0:20 hrs|
||0:15 hrs||0:45 hrs|
||0:42 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?