Randonee Ski Racing Base Training Plan: This is a 12 week preseason training plan for Randonee Ski Racing. It is appropriate for beginners to advanced skiers, but athlete should have basic knowledge of endurance training, some general experience in endurance sports (mountain biking, triathlon, running, etc.), and should have 4 to 8 weeks of consistent unstructured training (running, cycling, etc.) leading up to the start of this program.
The Program focuses on week day training sessions that can be completed indoors and/or outside on foot. For course, those with access to early season snow can do the workouts on skis.
The weekends are designed for longer, outdoor workouts ideally done on skis. However, ulternate modes and indoor training options are presented.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts Per Week
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.