Walk -> 5km run
Matty GrahamAll plans by this Coach
Just starting out, returning from an extended break or injury?
The problem most people face when trying to start running or when returning from an extended break or injury is how to safely get back 'up and running'. Stress fractures, Achilles strains and knee injuries are often the things that await these people.
This training plan has been designed by Strength and conditioning expert Ryan Shanks and Sport Scientist and Performance Coach Matty Graham of Exponential Performance Coaching to guide beginners and those returning from injury slowly and safely back to running.
Using a combination of walking, jogging and running sessions over 8 weeks you will be gradually progressed from walking to being able to complete 5km of running.
For more information visit:
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?